Re: Telneting trouble

Subject: Re: Telneting trouble
From: Robert Brandtjen (rob@prometheusmedia.com)
Date: Wed Mar 13 2002 - 14:19:55 MST

On Wednesday 13 March 2002 01:12 pm, mike cullerton wrote:
> i don't know about this. i run my firewalls on routers and run (x)inetd on
> the servers themselves. it surprises me that a local firewall would
> intercept traffic within the kernel though.

No, i opend the little firewall gui tool once (firewall-config?) and it just
went ahead and closed everything - I didn't realize it untill i was getting
no response, a quick look in /etc for the most recently changed files turned
up it's config file. deleting it solved the closed ports problems.

--
 Robert Brandtjen