setup troubles: spec. permissions to floppy

Subject: setup troubles: spec. permissions to floppy
From: Cal Grandy (cal@stopshrinks.org)
Date: Wed Mar 13 2002 - 14:39:51 MST

Hi all,

Apparently my "installation support" does not cover setting up a printer,
getting a floppy to work, adjusting screen resolutions, or any of the
myriad problems I'm having at the start. What's really bugging me right now
is I discovered how to mount a floppy, but when I create an icon for it in
my user desktop it won't let me set write permission to anything but root.
I don't want to have to login as root everytime just to write to a floppy!!

Thanks in advance for any help.