Re: File Indexing

Subject: Re: File Indexing
From: Ben Stanley (bds02@uow.edu.au)
Date: Wed Mar 13 2002 - 16:50:42 MST

run top and see what's eating the cpu. Chances are it's update_db, a
process which indexes all your file names for use with the locate
command. However, this only runs at 4am on my machine or when I start it up.

There are various things started by crond - you can find them mentioned
in the files in /etc/cron.* .

Ben.