Re: No dri w/Rage Orion

Subject: Re: No dri w/Rage Orion
From: Robert Serphillips (rserphillips@austin.rr.com)
Date: Wed Mar 13 2002 - 17:12:41 MST

You also need to make sure you have you Defualt screen res to 16 bits. Switch to init 3 (as root) and change your X config file to read

Section "Screen"

        Identifier "Screen0"
        Device "Card0"
        Monitor "Monitor0"
        DefaultDepth 16
        SubSection "Display"
.
.
Then restart X. If all goes well

roberts@dhcp-499-45.<3>~: glxinfo | more
name of display: :0.0
display: :0 screen: 0
direct rendering: Yes
server glx vendor string: SGI
server glx version string: 1.2
server glx extensions:

roberts@dhcp-499-45.<4>~: xvinfo | more
X-Video Extension version 2.2
screen #0
  Adaptor #0: "ATI Rage128 Video Overlay"
    number of ports: 1
    port base: 46
    operations supported: PutImage
    supported visuals:
      depth 16, visualID 0x23
      depth 16, visualID 0x24

Dri doesn't work in 15 bit mode. And just be aware of the dri Xv bug I mentioned earlier. I watch alot of movies using xine and with dri enabled it locks up once in a while

good luck

-Rob