Re: how to rip and urn cd

Subject: Re: how to rip and urn cd
From: Vince Duperron (duperron@charter.net )
Date: Wed Mar 13 2002 - 17:57:06 MST

Hello;

I have had good luck with xcdroast and the associated cdrtools.
Xcdroast is a gui that drives the command line programs contained
in cdrtools. Technically you only need the cdrtools, but it is
nice, in my opinion, to have a gui to tie them together.

Check http://www.xcdroast.org/ for the stuff to get started.
Better still, try bringing up xcdroast on your linux box, you
will probably find that it has already been installed. If not
it should exist on the disk set.

Not sure what you mean by, "rip m3". If you wish to listen to
mpeg streams, try mpg123 or xmms, both should be installed, both
build fine if not. http://www.xmms.org/
If you mean, rip music CDs, the cdrtools should be able to help.

Vince