Re: printer next?

Subject: Re: printer next?
From: Ben Stanley (bds02@uow.edu.au)
Date: Wed Mar 13 2002 - 18:42:24 MST

Cal Grandy wrote:

> Thanks,
>
> I tried it again it it appeared to detect the printer as usb but
> failed the test page saying "cannot open connection to localhost -
> connection refused. Make sure LPD server is running...

If that's the problem, then make sure that lpd is started when the
computer starts. At a root prompt, type

setup

and go to the section

System Services

Make sure that lpd is ticked to start up on system startup, select OK
and quit. (This does *not* start lpd *now*.)

You can start lpd immediately by typing (at a root prompt)

service lpd start

This will only last until you shut down.

Ben.