Re: printer next?

Subject: Re: printer next?
From: Cal Grandy (cal@stopshrinks.org)
Date: Wed Mar 13 2002 - 20:19:21 MST

>You must have done something wrong then... startup means starting the
>machine, not logging in...

I knew that I would have to reboot, and I did.

It's printing now, but very lightly. I don't know how to darken the print.
Only good for drafts at this point.

>I suggest you try the instructions again. I think in YDL 2.1 the tool it
>brings up is a GUI tool, so the services which are started will have a
>checkbox which is ticked or something. Make sure the box in front of lpd
>is ticked. To test that you got this right, you will have to reboot.

I checked this twice, after two reboots and the lpd box stays ticked on; it
just won't actually come on and allow me to print untill I do the startup
by root prompt.