Re: Redirect to Clipboard

Subject: Re: Redirect to Clipboard
From: John Nelson (john@computation.com)
Date: Wed Mar 13 2002 - 22:06:04 MST

"copy" and "paste" were two programs that took stdin.... so you could pipe the output of a program into copy and it would be in the clipboard.  Then you pasted the clipboard into whereever.  The X way isn't cool because it isn't always possible to use the mouse to copy ALL of the text which might be very lengthy and maybe it's unmousable.

No... the NeXTStep way rocked.

But what's this about multiple copy/paste selections in X?  Maybe you should flame me about that?

-- John