Re: permissions awry

Subject: Re: permissions awry
From: Geert Janssens (geert.janssens3@pandora.be)
Date: Thu Mar 14 2002 - 02:28:12 MST

> On Wednesday 13 March 2002 05:39 pm, Cal Grandy wrote:
>
>I put "webmin" in at the command prompt, and nothing happens..

webmin is not run from the command line. As the name suggests, it is a
'web' tool, which means you start it from your preferred webbrowser.

Presuming you have installed webmin, you start your webbrowser (I
personally use Mozilla), and enter the following url:

http://localhost:10000
or
http://127.0.0.1:10000
or
http:// of your machine>:10000

That will start webmin. It will ask you for your root password.

Enter it and you are started.

Success,
Geert