Re: MP3 rippng too slow

Subject: Re: MP3 rippng too slow
From: Larry Kollar (kollar@alltel.net)
Date: Thu Mar 14 2002 - 05:12:39 MST

Robert Brandtjen wrote:

> > ... after playing MP3s for
> > a couple of hours, my system panics & reboots.
>
> Are you in gnome or kde when this happens? if KDE, is artsd running?
> what version of XMMS and OSS are you running ?

None of the above. I use AfterStep, mpg123 and no OSS.
I used to use xmms, but got tired of it crapping out all
the time.

Here's the sound-related parameters of my config file:

CONFIG_SOUND=y
CONFIG_DMASOUND=y
# CONFIG_SOUND_CMPCI is not set
# CONFIG_SOUND_CS4281 is not set
# CONFIG_SOUND_FUSION is not set
# CONFIG_SOUND_EMU10K1 is not set
# CONFIG_SOUND_ES1370 is not set
# CONFIG_SOUND_ES1371 is not set
# CONFIG_SOUND_MAESTRO is not set
# CONFIG_SOUND_ESSSOLO1 is not set
# CONFIG_SOUND_ICH is not set
# CONFIG_SOUND_SONICVIBES is not set
# CONFIG_SOUND_TRIDENT is not set
# CONFIG_SOUND_MSNDCLAS is not set
# CONFIG_SOUND_MSNDPIN is not set
# CONFIG_SOUND_VIA82CXXX is not set
# CONFIG_SOUND_OSS is not set

--
Larry Kollar   k o l l a r  at  a l l t e l . n e t
"Content creators are the engine that drives value in the