Re: printer next?

Subject: Re: printer next?
From: Sean O. Denney (sdenney@cise.ufl.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 14 2002 - 05:29:53 MST

Check your /var/log/messages

If it says lpd fialed to startup, find out why? As I recall, you said
something about failed to open localhost. I had the same problem (I
was tired and forgot to edit a particular file).

You need to edit your /etc/hosts file and add your local IP adddress
into there. As an example, this is my /etc/hosts file:

128.0.0.1 devil.localdomain localhost
192.168.1.100 devil.localdomain devil

--- Sean