RE: Redirect to Clipboard

Subject: RE: Redirect to Clipboard
From: Ferwerda Darren (app3dxf) (app3dxf@ups.com)
Date: Thu Mar 14 2002 - 06:27:21 MST

How would it work?

I have never seen a NeXT system let alone worked on one. Would you have to
call the copy program first, and then call the application? So that the
program first redirects stdio to the requisite spots first, then the program
calls the redirected stdio? That should be a very easy program to write.
Just have a little program to alias stdio to the clipboard. Should be able
to do this either by shm or via a pipe possibly. If someone could refresh
my memory as to the interface for the X clipboard, I would appreciate it. I
have not done X programming in a LONG time.

Seems like a really cool idea though, better than having to force the copy,
and then reformat everytime you have to paste it somewhere.