RE: RP-PPPoE & Verizon DSL

Subject: RE: RP-PPPoE & Verizon DSL
From: Ferwerda Darren (app3dxf) (app3dxf@ups.com)
Date: Thu Mar 14 2002 - 07:22:56 MST

I have the linksys as well. Works OK. I had to keep the firmware at 1.30
because anything higher than that cannot access netbsd or wasabi web sites.
You can get the linksys to port forward. Better than that is the DMZ
feature. A DMZ is a Demilitarized Zone. This allows your machine that is
setup as the DMZ host to be completely accessible to the outside world.
When someone pings or tries to connect to your ip, even though the linksys
is physically sitting between the box and the outside world, all the
requests are directed toward that DMZ host. Pretty cool feature. You may
want to give that a try. I tried the ADSL tools on Mandrake 7.2 with
Verizon, and they worked fine.