Re: HD crashing

Subject: Re: HD crashing
From: Robert Brandtjen (rob@prometheusmedia.com)
Date: Thu Mar 14 2002 - 08:10:00 MST

On Thursday 14 March 2002 06:53 am, Åke Svensson wrote:
> I've upgraded netatalk to 1.5.2 on my YDL 2.0, Kernel 2.4.17, PPC7600, 4 GB
> SCSI disk with no prior problems with the disk on other machines running
> MacOS. The netatalk upgrade didn't help. What messages should I be looking
> out for when running fsck check manually? If there are bad blocks or the
> like, the disk is no good for an YDL server! Or is it the cron jobs that
> causes crashes?

have you run e2fsck from init level 1 ? run in forced mode and see if there
are any unfixed problems - next, if your not getting any kernel panics, etc
in the log files, check to make sure the cables are in good condition - i
know that the path of the scsi cable in the 75xx-7300 series boxes are prone
to failure as the path is a tight one and the power supply vibration adds to
the problem causing input/output i/o errors.

--
 Robert Brandtjen