Re: No dri w/Rage Orion

Subject: Re: No dri w/Rage Orion
From: Robert Serphillips (rserphillips@austin.rr.com)
Date: Thu Mar 14 2002 - 23:08:52 MST

I think it's a dma bug on PCI cards. I've been reading the lists over at xfree.org and if I understand it correctly it's a case where xv (xine in my case) and dri are both trying to access the dma hardware at the same time. It might not appear with agp cards as the dma functions are different ( I think). Anyway I been able to reproduce this bug every time. Is xine using the xvideo extension in your case? If so then it may just be that the agp versions are unaffected. Either way it's just a heads up in case anyone runs into this.

-Rob