black screen

Subject: black screen
From: Yvon Thoraval (yvon.thoraval@free.fr)
Date: Fri Mar 15 2002 - 00:25:40 MST

my linux setup (YDL 2.1) is no more able to sync video, although it was
working more ore less properly before, this encountered after Afterstep
successfull install.

the less : i had always some kind of video errors in the background of
progress bar : erratic background but correct bar.

also, when using Konqueror, popdown menus where overlapping,
when quitting blackbox, (exit) all of the previous windows where coming
back without the border, no way to logout using gdm.

starting of video has been done using "no video driver" checked within
BootX or not, both ways have been working properly.

my video card is an ati rage one (old 64 bits) setup as a generic card.

--
Yvon Thoraval