Re: Linux (YDL) vs. Linux (Intel flavours)

Subject: Re: Linux (YDL) vs. Linux (Intel flavours)
aaron.drews@philips.com
Date: Fri Mar 15 2002 - 00:34:10 MST

On 14/03/02 19:03 Robert Brandtjen wrote:

} On Thursday 14 March 2002 08:57 am, Eric D. wrote:
} > Hello ya'll, I assume there are people here who've had experience on both
} > Mac and Intel for Linux installs. How do the Intel builds compare to the
} > YDL for Mac (or the other Linuxes for Mac)? I presume there may be flavours
} > that are simpler and have a more refined user interfaces than YDL or are
} > they all effectively the same?
}
}
} Slackware- [...]
}
} RH and YDL are essentially the same- [...]
}
} Mandrake - [...]
}
} SUSE - [...]
}
} Debian- [...]
}
} [...]
}
} Flame away................
}

I haven't seen anything this comprehensive on any of the Linux for PPC sites
(penguinppc, tuxppc). There are shorter paragraphs I think on penguinppc,
but this is really nice for somebody that wants to try Linux on their Mac/PPC
box and doesn't know what to do with all of these choices presented. I think
somebody should copy'n'paste this to one of those sites (apologies to the
YDL diehards).

Sure, the descriptions are a bit subjective. But the only thing I've managed
to see geeks agree on 100% is about a certain software manufacturer from the
northwestern United States.