Re: No dri w/Rage Orion

Subject: Re: No dri w/Rage Orion
From: Tim ODriscoll (tim@StokePogesWay.net)
Date: Fri Mar 15 2002 - 04:46:29 MST

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, Robert Serphillips wrote:
> So your having problems with dvd playback because of X. Does your dvd
> software support Xv? What package are you using, xine? mplayer? vlc :(
> ? If you using Xshm then play back will have no acceleration. And read
> my post about above about the Xv Dri bug in 4.2. If your trying to
> watch dvd's you'll most certainly want to be aware of this.

I'm using vlc, and it works great. Although I've noticed that if I load
X's dri module, the audio/video sync can get a little lost. I don't notice any
performance improvements with dri, so I don't think I'll use it. The only
heavy graphics stuff I do on my Cube is watching DVD's, so it's fine
without dri at the moment.

Cheers,

Tim