Re: Linux (YDL) vs. Linux (Intel flavours)

Subject: Re: Linux (YDL) vs. Linux (Intel flavours)
From: Guy McArthur (guym@guymcarthur.com)
Date: Fri Mar 15 2002 - 10:16:26 MST

I disagree with the assessment of Mandrake as "bleeding edge." I've been
running versions of it (home machine) for two years and it's very
stable, mature, and has the easiest most user-friendly install of any
linux distro. They even have a PPC version (8.0).

Mandrake has really concentrated not only on make installs easier than
Windows, but providing conventient, simple tools for managing the system.
It's probably the best distribution (IMHO) for people who are new to
Linux or don't want to learn arcane details....