Re: Linux laptops

Subject: Re: Linux laptops
From: Eric D. (liriodendron@mac.com)
Date: Fri Mar 15 2002 - 14:30:55 MST

on 13/3/02 21:01, Ben Stanley at bds02@uow.edu.au wrote:

> I think a gui for selecting resolutions and colour depths directly as is
> done in Windows and MacOS without having to go to XConfigurator would be
> welcome, but seems unlikely in the near future.
>
> Ben.

This seems extraordinarily bizarre. The GUI would be a minor thing to write
since the code already exists (and it's quite easy to tell a CLUI app what
to do from a GUI) and since it seems to be one of the most common FAQs out
there it would probably take the pressure off these support groups (if only
I had the time to learn C++ (maybe I can work some programming into my PhD
;)).