Re: inter-cluster communication

Subject: Re: inter-cluster communication
From: Robert Brandtjen (rob@prometheusmedia.com)
Date: Fri Mar 15 2002 - 14:54:44 MST

On Friday 15 March 2002 01:55 pm, Jim Potter wrote:
> 've got a small cluster of YDL units in a factory automation setup;
> it's not a beowulf type cluster (they're each running different
> things).  What's the best quick-and-dirty way for one of my servers to
> periodically extract little bits of info from the units (such as getting
> cpu temperatures from /proc/cpuinfo)?

what about gkrellm?

coolio app, will give you much more then just CPU temp info - hard drive
usage, memory usage, users, processes, uptime, ethernet in/out, voltage, fan
speed, MB temp, etc - it can even be configured to play mp3's - :-)

it also lables itself to the host it is actually running - i.e. at the top of
the gui, there is a node name.

http://gkrellm.net

I use it on mine.

--