Re: inter-cluster communication

Subject: Re: inter-cluster communication
From: Patrick Smith (patsmith@pobox.com)
Date: Fri Mar 15 2002 - 19:10:57 MST

Jim Potter wrote:
> I've got a small cluster of YDL units in a factory automation setup;
> it's not a beowulf type cluster (they're each running different
> things). What's the best quick-and-dirty way for one of my servers to
> periodically extract little bits of info from the units (such as getting
> cpu temperatures from /proc/cpuinfo)?

One simple way would be for the server to run a cron job that uses rsh
to run commands on the other machines to fetch the desired info. If
security is a concern (e.g., if your cluster is connected to the
Internet), you might prefer to use ssh, but that might not be so quick
if you're not already using ssh.

--
patsmith@pobox.com