Re: Bad Superblock??

Subject: Re: Bad Superblock??
From: Robert Brandtjen (rob@prometheusmedia.com)
Date: Fri Mar 15 2002 - 21:41:00 MST

On Friday 15 March 2002 09:54 pm, Barry Sparenborg wrote:
> Have tried to use e2fsck to check disk /dev/sdf1 but always get a
> superblock error.  I try the command that it suggests e2fsck -b 8193
> /dev/sdf1 but get the bad magic number in super block error.

I had that error with an IDE drive on RH 7.2 box with ext3 file system
enabled - it managed to save the drive and all I ended up with were most of
the gnome related gui files in the lost+found directory.

I would suggest that you just keep running e2fsck in force mode until it
fixes, do this from init1, of course.

Just what is the "magic number" anyway?

--
 Robert Brandtjen