Font display at startup - blurry

Subject: Font display at startup - blurry
From: William Bentley (wlb@wlbentley.com)
Date: Sun Mar 17 2002 - 12:46:18 MST

I'm running YDL 2.0 on a 4400/200 Power Mac. I've had YDL up and
running for several months without any font problems (text only -- I
can't get X to run correctly -- but I mostly use it for an apache/php
testbed anyway).

Lately, though, the font display after Linux starts up is almost
unreadable - like letters are being displayed twice, they're broken.

Right after I start from BootX, about 10 lines of display appear
*correctly*, then the screen clears and the messages start scrolling
down, all in this unreadable font.

So... my questions... Does anyone know how to fix this problem? What
is it that controls which fonts are used for the startup messages?

Thanks for any suggestions.