Re: unable to read CD on Performa 6112CD

Subject: Re: unable to read CD on Performa 6112CD
From: Ben Stanley (bds02@uow.edu.au)
Date: Sun Mar 17 2002 - 14:47:05 MST

Jeff Simpson wrote:

>I recently obtained a PowerPC Performa 6112CD, and tried to install YD 2.1
>on it. The CD I burned, for some reason, failed to read for the most part,
>and when it did read, it had errors and was very slow. I burned a couple
>of different copies of the ISO, and I even tried using the SCSI burner
>that I made the CD with in the macintosh (it could read mac discs, but not
>the burned YD disc). Any idea as to why it won't read the disc, or
>anything else I can try? Thanks!

It sounds to me more like the .iso you are burning from might be bad.
Did you compute the md5 sum of your .iso and compare it to that
published on terrasoft's ftp site?

But, you will need the nubus kernel to install on that machine, and you
can only do that using YDL 2.0. See http://nubus.tuxppc.org for details
and a howto. You will probably also want to join the linuxppc-nubus
mailing list.

Ben.