Re: Star Office and Power Mac chip incompatibility?

Subject: Re: Star Office and Power Mac chip incompatibility?
From: Cal Grandy (cal@stopshrinks.org)
Date: Sun Mar 17 2002 - 21:50:37 MST

At 03:37 PM 3/18/2002 +1100, you wrote:
>Robert Brandtjen wrote:
>
>>On Sunday 17 March 2002 05:51 pm, Cal Grandy wrote:
>>
>>>I've done EVERYTHING I've seen suggested and instructed on how to install
>>>the .bin file download of Linux Star Office, and still the file won't
>>>execute. Has anyone had this problem and know a solution?
>>
>>how are you trying to execute it ?
>Perhaps it isn't marked executable...
>
>Ben.

No it says executable in the properties. And it's supposed to be run just
as it is; the Sun website says so. Others have said it gave them problems
and the advice they got was to chmod 777 on it, then execute it with
./"file". None of that works for me. I've tried it numerous times from a
root terminal window with no result, except for it saying it can't run it.
I downloaded it more than once thinking I might have gotten a bad download.