YDL 2.1 not as good as 2.0?

Subject: YDL 2.1 not as good as 2.0?
From: Ryan Mesler (kraylus@airmail.net)
Date: Sun Mar 17 2002 - 23:38:58 MST

sorr for sending this again. my date and time were set for sometime in jan
of 1974... so it might appear at the bottom of most lists depending on how
you organize your mail:

ok, the YDL 2.1 i downloaded and installed was nowhere near as smoothe as
the 2.0 i bought...

for starters it didn't format my swap partitions as swap partitions like it
should have... it didn't even format them... just created them. so when it
came time to boot, the system was unable to activate the swaps.

second... the sound support was a bit flakier. by this, i mean... when i
tried to use mpg123 (always my first test) to play an mp3 it took a good 30
seconds for the music to actually start playing. dunno why. did this
constantly.

and the worst part of all... enlightenment wasn't installed. at least not
that i could tell. maybe i did it wrong though. as before with YDL 2.0 (and
with every other linux distro ive used over the years) i created the
.xinitrc file in my home directory with exec enlightenment on the first
line.

when i started X it came back saying that enlightenment didnt exist. and i
recall a much earlier post saying that it did indeed. i looked for where the
E libs and whatnot should be and enlightenment wasnt among them. i did see
wmaker, kde, icewm, and a few others. but not E :(

i browsed the FTP site and didnt see the 2.2 available for download yet. but
i did see an ETerm RPM(!!!). so yeah... can someone enlighten me?

RLM