Re: sshd login problems

Subject: Re: sshd login problems
From: Ken Schweigert (ken@byte-productions.com)
Date: Mon Mar 18 2002 - 07:35:46 MST

Dylan,

I just built openssh-3.1p1 from source on YDL2.0 and didn't have any problems.

The first thing that jumps out to me, with incorrect password, is the PAM
config. Try copying the one that is bundled with openssh.

[root@byte root]# cp /usr/src/openssh-3.1p1/contrib/redhat/sshd.pam-7.x /etc/pam.d/sshd

If this doesn't fix it, can you post what your config options were?

[root@byte-8 openssh-3.1p1]# head config.log
This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.

It was created by configure, which was
generated by GNU Autoconf 2.52d. Invocation command line was

  $ ./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc/ssh --with-pam --without-4in6

## Platform. ##

HTH

--
-Ken Schweigert, Aspiring Network Administrator
Byte Productions, LLC

On Sat, Mar 16, 2002 at 03:01:18PM -0800, dylan wrote: > hi, > i have installed sshd from source code, and run the daemon: > when i try to login it asks for a name and password, and then gives > my client a key. > however the server says tha the password is incorrect, even though it is. > is there some kind of initial thing that needs to be changed in the > sshd config file to allow me to connect? > > any ideas? > dylan > -- >