Problem with mount point fixing

Subject: Problem with mount point fixing
From: Tim Simmons (tim@avonlog.net)
Date: Mon Mar 18 2002 - 10:26:04 MST

Can anyone help please?

I am making a start with YDL 2.1 on a PB G3 (Kanga, aka 3500). The Mac
OS 8.6 and YDL use the same hard disc.

I partitioned the disc satisfactorily and set up:

hda10, untitled, hfs, 10 MB (as bootloader)
hda11, swap, linux swap, 128 MB
hda12, untitled, ext2, 1.8 MB

using custom setup.

However, after the mount points were fixed the linux part of the partiton
table read as:

hda10, swap, linux swap, 10 MB
hda11, swap, linux swap, 128 MB
hda12, untitled, ext2, 1.8 MB.

I have made several attempts at partitioning but this change of
allocation always occurs.

I belive there is a problem here because at boot up the screen reveals
several errors related to swap activation.

/var/messages/log gives:

localhost: swapon: swapon: /dev/hda10: Invalid argument
localhost: rc.sysinit: Activating swap partitions: failed.

What might be causing this and what can I do about it? Thanks.

Tim Simmons