Re: GUI File Sharing

Subject: Re: GUI File Sharing
From: Robert Brandtjen (rob@prometheusmedia.com)
Date: Mon Mar 18 2002 - 12:51:10 MST

On Monday 18 March 2002 01:41 pm, Ferwerda Darren (app3dxf) wrote:
>       IF you setup FTP or NFS on a Linux or any other UNIX machine, you
> can use any file manager to move files around.  All you need to do is add a
> mount point (/mnt/remote_drive), and mount the network drive (mounting a
> network drive tells the computer to access X drive on Y machine, Windows

another cool way is to open a ssh connection, then load (on the remote
machine, type "konquerer" or your favorite file manager) konquerer - and
voila, you have a file browser loaded in your machines window, running off
the remote machine, and you can drag and drop to your hearts content. waay
cool, one of the many features I love about linux/X.

--
 Robert Brandtjen