Re: Problem with mount point fixing

Subject: Re: Problem with mount point fixing
From: Robert Brandtjen (rob@prometheusmedia.com)
Date: Mon Mar 18 2002 - 17:07:23 MST

On Monday 18 March 2002 11:26 am, Tim Simmons wrote:
> What might be causing this and what can I do about it?  Thanks.

try this Tim-

boot from the YDL cd, I hope it has the option of using it as an emrgency
repair disk of sorts -if so, opt to load the system to work on it, then cd to
your etc directory (should be something like /mnt/sysimage/etc and open up
fstab.
command should be something like this: /mnt/sysimage/bin/vi + fstab

and correct it to look something like this:
LABEL=/ / ext3 defaults 1 1
LABEL=/boot /boot ext3 defaults 1 2
none /dev/pts devpts gid=5,mode=620 0 0
none /proc proc defaults 0 0
none /dev/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0
/dev/hdb1 /raid ext3 defaults 0 1
/dev/hda2 swap swap defaults 0 0
/dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom iso9660 owner,exec,dev,suid,ro,noauto,kudzu 0 0
/dev/cdrom1 /mnt/cdrom1 iso9660 user,owner,exec,dev,suid,ro,noauto,kudzu 0 0

substitute ext3 for ext2 (unless you are indeed using ext3)

--
 Robert Brandtjen