Re: Installing YDL on Performa 61xx (was "RE: PowerPC 6100 Series")

Subject: Re: Installing YDL on Performa 61xx (was "RE: PowerPC 6100 Series")
From: Rob Brandt (rbrandt@sbdsl.com)
Date: Tue Mar 19 2002 - 10:20:58 MST

I also have YDL 2.0 running on a Performa 6116CD, and installation
was a snap once I had the right kernel from Takashi. But that was
too long ago, and I don't remember the details. I *can* tell you
that I *never* got it to read the internal CDROM, and used an
external one. If yours is reading it at all, you've gotten further
with it than I did.

sfalken's generalizations about Performas may be true in general, but
I have both a plain 6100 and the aforementioned Performa 6116CD, and
the layout/expandability/components are identical, at least as far as
part numbers are concerned. Same box too. In the case of the 61xx
series, I think they differentiated only in what software was
delivered with them.

Rob