Re: X E-mail client

Subject: Re: X E-mail client
From: Ken Schweigert (ken@byte-productions.com)
Date: Tue Mar 19 2002 - 11:44:25 MST

Shawn,

This is the mail client that I use at home. And I tell ya, I can't say
enough good things about it! It's even modelled to look like OE. I
highly recommend it.

On a side note, if you're running KDE on your Performa, I would think
that would be your main performance hit. Have you tried any of the
other "minimal" window managers? At home (x86 RedHat), I run Fluxbox.
  http://fluxbox.sourceforge.net/

I don't see why it wouldn't compile on ppc. Might be something worth
considering.

--
-Ken Schweigert, Aspiring Network Administrator
Byte Productions, LLC

On Tue, Mar 19, 2002 at 06:21:23PM +0000, matt yee-king wrote: > > Sylpheed is supposed to be quite good. and fast. > > http://sylpheed-claws.sourceforge.net/ > > i find gnome generally snappier than kde. > > esp if you use ximian gnome. > > matthew > > On Tue, 2002-03-19 at 17:33, sfalken wrote: > > Hey folks, just a couple questions > > > > I'm currently using KMail, for all of my e-mail related duties, with YDL-2.0 > > on my Performa 6360, and I guess it's alright, but the performace is subpar, > > especially when typing out an e-mail, such as this one. I'd just like a > > couple recommendations about E-mail clients, I rather like the UI of KMail > > (looks quite a bit like OE, of which the UI I liked, the program sucked) > > Anybody know of a good X E-mail client that isn't quite as resource > > intensive? (ie. a little snappier in it's performance?) > > > > --Shawn > > >