Re: When will the YDL 2.2 iso be available for FTP download?

Subject: Re: When will the YDL 2.2 iso be available for FTP download?
From: Robert Brandtjen (rob@prometheusmedia.com)
Date: Tue Mar 19 2002 - 12:35:47 MST

On Monday 18 March 2002 11:49 pm, Pat Plummer wrote:
> Yeah, well, my emotional bias is toward the PPC chip and this is a PPC
> based distro/list :). Sorry ...

I too once believed in the power of the PPC platform -only to see it's early
triumphs over intel slowly undermined to the point where it could barley hold
it's head up - sorry, but this is just too true. I believe it is mostly due
to a Jobs-IBM fallout - Motorola is not IBM, IBM demoed a working 1GHZ G3
chip at macworld in 1998 - whatever happened to it? It took motorola nearly 4
years to reach that speed with the G4.

I thought, a year ago or so, that the Briqs were way cool, but terrasoft,
like the Mac based upgrade companies, have been cut off from the flow of
faster chips, to the point were it no longer makes sense in terms of a
price-to-computing power ratio perspective. It's not their fault, but is
instead Apple choking off the upgrade paths of Mac owners. The new GVS 9000
is really just a repackged Apple tower box - and the price shows it. At least
the Briqs allow you to use a standard KVM switch with standard periherals
attached.

--
 Robert Brandtjen