Re: 6100 with G3 anyone?

Subject: Re: 6100 with G3 anyone?
From: Bob Beaton (bob@keyengine.com)
Date: Wed Mar 20 2002 - 08:41:28 MST

I'm real curious about this reply. I've tried to get a relatively new
Sonnet "Crescendo/Nubus G3 500MHz/1M" (Part #CFG3-500-1M) CPU upgrade to
work in a Mac 7100/HPV video with YDL 2.1/Oe's 2.4.x kernel mods, but
had absolutely no luck. Basically, the machine refused to load the YDL
installer--end of story.

I've heard that folks have older versions of the NewerTech G3 CPU
upgrade working with Linux (MkLinux, LinuxPPC, and YDL), but I've never
been clear about the version of the CPU upgrade card. My impression from
reading the various list servers is that some older (and slower) upgrade
cards work, but the newer (and faster) ones don't.

Have I missed some recent threads indictaing that the newer (and faster)
NewerTech and/or Sonnet Nubus G3 upgrades work with YDL? If so, do you
have any pointers to these discussions or other helpful hints?

Thanks,
Bob