Re: NFS Startup Script

Subject: Re: NFS Startup Script
From: Robert Brandtjen (rob@prometheusmedia.com)
Date: Wed Mar 20 2002 - 11:53:54 MST

On Wednesday 20 March 2002 10:48 am, Drew Lane wrote:
> Apparently there is a script that will start NFS daemons when I
> boot YDL, but I'm not sure where this is located and
> if I need to change any other configurations, etc. ??

Like other daemons, /etc/rc.d/init.d/nfs

when setting up NFS, you must specify a user(s) and group(s) that can access
that directory - you will also need to mount it (logging in really) as that
user and a member of that group - I think it's best to make a list of client
machines in the /etc/hosts.allow file as well, and of course, set up your
hosts.deny file - if this is seen from the outside(wan) world.

--
 Robert Brandtjen