FireWire/ieee1394

Subject: FireWire/ieee1394
From: Jay Savage (daggerquill@planet-save.com)
Date: Wed Mar 20 2002 - 17:56:53 MST

I apologize if this has been asked before, but I didn't find anything quickly in the archives. Has anyone successfully mounted a FireWire drive under YDL 2.1? If so, could you walk me though it step by step, from downloading files (if necessary) to mounting the drive and opening a file? I'm trying to mount a LaCie FW drive on a G3 Blue and White, running YDL 2.1. I've tried the dierections at both linux1394.sourceforge.net and the YDL howto, running kernels from 2.4.10-12a to 2.4.10-18a. No luck. I know I must be doing something wrong somewhere, I just can't figure out what. insmod consitently returns the error 'device not found' when I attempt to load ohci1394

TIA

jay savage
daggerquill@planet-save.com

Enviro-friendly lawn and garden supplies. Free US shipping! $5 online
coupon: PSAVE.
http://planet-save.com/cleanairgardening.htm