Re: Sharing data between partitions

Subject: Re: Sharing data between partitions
From: Gordon Neault (gordo-x@shaw.ca)
Date: Thu Mar 21 2002 - 18:39:36 MST

"... I have a Linux ext2 partition, a Mac OS 9 HFS
partition, and an OS X HFS+ partition.

Can any of these be mounted in Linux, and if so how. Or, could the Linux
partition be mounted under OS X? Thanks all. ..."

Linux can mount the HFS (standard) partition. However, since you have OS9
on there, I wouldn't recommend it. What you really want is a small HFS
partition (just for file swapping, no MacOS on it, a few hundred MB or a
gig-and-a-half at most) that can mount in both Linux and MacOS and wouldn'
t screw up your system if things get weird. Don't use the bootstrap
partition, because mounting it in MacOS can cause problems with booting
Linux and MacOS.