Re: Sharing data between partitions

Subject: Re: Sharing data between partitions
From: Keary Suska (hierophant@pcisys.net)
Date: Thu Mar 21 2002 - 23:17:49 MST

on 3/21/02 10:59 PM, robert.silge@UTSouthwestern.edu purportedly said:

> I think I had read this elsewhere, but how to go about doing it? Would I
> just have to know the had of the partition? I'm not too clear on the format
> of that, and the man page doesn't really illuminate things too much (unless
> I'm just using the completely wrong command). So would it be
> mount hda9 /mnt/FileSharing

That would mount an HFS partition under Linux, but not a Linux partition
under MOL, unless there is some configuration in molrc to do this. I ask
because I didn't thin it could be done, unless there is some software
available for Mac that will mount Ext2 filesystems, but then that is not a
function of MOL, and wouldn't require booting into MOL to accomplish it. My
understanding that b3eing in MOL is just like being in the Mac OS--you are
working off an HFS/+ partition, and within the Mac OS. I didn't think MOL
granted any knowledge to the Mac OS of the Linux underpinnings except for
understanding the keystrokes for switching consoles.

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.