kernel and modem

Subject: kernel and modem
From: Matthieu Amiguet (matthieu.amiguet@bluewin.ch)
Date: Fri Mar 22 2002 - 03:58:12 MST

I'm running a 2.2.19 kernel on my iMac and everything is working well.
However, I would like to switch to a 2.4 kernel (for example to be able to
use my CD-burner)
I downloaded the latest BenH iMac kernel (vmlinux-2.4.19-pre3-ben0) and
installed it all right, but the modem won't work any more.
I'm quite surprised, because it is supposed to be a specifically
iMac-targeted kernel, and it claims to have modem support...

Am I missing something? do I have to load a module, link /dev/modem to
something else, ...

Thank you for your help,

Matthieu