RE: kernel and modem

Subject: RE: kernel and modem
From: Carney, Kevin (CarneyKJ@Reading-Recovery.org)
Date: Fri Mar 22 2002 - 13:28:59 MST

try running 'minicom' (assuming you are using YDL. Debian does not have this
program installed by default). If this works fine and you can send your
modem AT commands from minicom, then the modem works fine and you are
suffering from a "opening serial port/modem delay" problem common to
post-2000? powerbooks and ibooks. Setting the pre- and post- init delays in
kppp to a longer time or writing some chat scripts will solve that problem.

-Kevin