Re: Automatic DSL startup problem

Subject: Re: Automatic DSL startup problem
From: Charles Yates (ceyatesNot@pacbell.net)
Date: Sat Mar 23 2002 - 14:09:58 MST

> I've been trying to get my internet connection through my DSL to
> startup automatically, but there appears to be some timing issues.
> The commands that I run to start the service manually are:
> /usr/local/bin/modem_run -v 1 -m -f /mgmt/mgmt.o
> pppd call adsl

not sure where this modem_run thing is from. What I presume you need
is pppoe from Roaring Penguin and is part of the YDL distribution.

configure it via: /usr/sbin/adsl-setup
set it up to start at boot: /sbin/chkconfig --add adsl (or pppoe with
earlier packages)
to start it up without rebooting /etc/rc.d/init.d/adsl start

hope this is the info you need,
Charles