Re: 2.4.19 boot problems

Subject: Re: 2.4.19 boot problems
From: Stefan Jeglinski (jeglin@4pi.com)
Date: Sat Mar 23 2002 - 22:20:24 MST

>After several attempts, by various methods, I still cannot boot any version
>of the 2.4.19 (or.18) kernel on my stock 7300/200, w/320 MB RAM, 4 MB VRAM
>and a fresh development workstation YDL 2.1 installation.
>
>I have compiled from the stable source from kernel.org and ppckernel.org
>(bitkeeper). I've also tried the ready made OldWorld SCSI BenH 2.4.19 kernel
>from ppckernel.org. In every instance, the boot fails immediately after
>setting the time.

Yep, I'm seeing this for 2.4.19pre4, reported it on the -dev list Fri
night. It crashes in the grep statement in the keyboard configuration
(next after setting the time), I have no idea why.

However, for me, 2.4.19pre3 (or 2.4.18) does not display this
behavior. FWIW, my experience is with an old-world machine also.

Stefan Jeglinski