Creating a PPC bootable CD from withing YD Linux?

Subject: Creating a PPC bootable CD from withing YD Linux?
From: Chip Witt (chip.witt@westwave.com)
Date: Mon Mar 25 2002 - 11:19:46 MST

I'm having trouble finding documentation anywhere on how to go about
creating a PPC bootable CD-ROM (specifically, an iso image that will
create a bootable CD) from within Linux (Yellow Dog, of course). I've
seen vague descriptions about using the Apple_Drive.pl script (which
I've found and used with some success) to pull a driver and boot info
off of an existing Apple CD to make use of the "mkisofs -boot-hfs-file
apple_driver", but nowhere in these descriptions is it outlined how to
make this work to boot into Linux. I'm assuming there would be some
yaboot magic in there somewhere, but, again, documentation on the
process is seemingly impossible to find. I can do x86 "el torito" images
in my sleep, but the PPC corollary is still a mystery to me.

If anyone has a URL or some clear process documentation on this that
they are willing to share, I would be eternally grateful.

--

Chip Witt Sr. Network Administrator Westwave Communications

463 Aviation Blvd. Santa Rosa, CA 95403 (V) 707-284-7237 (F) 707-591-9413 (E) chip.witt@westwave.com

"Today, wealth is no longer best defined as ownership of land, goods, capital or labor. It is knowledge and knowing how to use it."