List Administrative Info

Subject: List Administrative Info
From: Dan Burcaw (dburcaw@terraplex.com)
Date: Tue Mar 26 2002 - 12:35:53 MST

Hi all,

I wanted to talk to you about a few things regarding the
mailing lists hosted by Terra Soft Solutions for Yellow
Dog Linux and the Mac-on-Linux communities.

The lists will be down beginning tonight as we
make a move to a new server. Part of this transition
will also allow us to move to the Mailman mailing list
software. This willl make it much easier for subscribers
to manage their subscribtions and unsubscribe easily (which
has been a pain).

* * *

Another part of moving to Mailman, is it will allow me
to give access to list management functions easily to
third-parties.

So, what I'm looking for is a volunteer to come forward
that would be able to manage the mailing lists through
the Mailman software AND keep the list traffic on track.
For instance, Yellow Dog Linux install help does not
belong on the Mac-on-Linux list. The volunteer would
be entitled to YDL software and gear at no charge.

I'm thinking it would be good to have a volunteer for
the MOL lists and a volunteer for the YDL lists.
You should have some free time on your hands and
decent knowledge of mailing list administration.

Please email me in private if you're interested!

* * *

Along those lines, with the move to the new server,
we've been discussing the creation of a new list:
yellowdog-newbies. This list would be geared towards
people that have "getting started" type questions
whereas yellowdog-general would be general discussion,
excluding "getting started" questions.

For this to work, I'd need a number of YDL/Linux saavy
people to monitor yellowdog-newbies and help folks out.

Please email me in private if you're interested in this...

--

Regards, Dan Burcaw Terra Soft Solutions, Inc. http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/