Re: yup update error

Subject: Re: yup update error
From: John Schmidt (jas@netbrick.com)
Date: Tue Mar 26 2002 - 18:33:10 MST

On Tuesday 26 March 2002 06:21 pm, you wrote:
> I tried running 'yup update' as root and got the following:
>
> Reading RPM database... (100%)
> Performing dependencies sanity check...
> Checking for package list updates...
>
> Error:
>
> and that's it. No explanation of what the error might be. Anyone have any
> ideas?
>
> Thanks.
>
> dave.

One thing to do first with yup is yup config dist. This will pop up a menu
where you can choose the latest yup (only has 2.1, in a couple of weeks, 2.2
should be there). Then after selecting the distribution, it then puts up a
menu of where you are downloading. You should not at the bottom that there
is an option for getting stuff off from a cd. For kicks, I tried putting in
my 2.1 cd and choosing this and got an error. I then picked a different
location for the software such as #2 (iblio) and found out the updates.

My guess is that the distribution source is set to the cd. Try changing that
to an ftp site. If that doesn't work, then trying do yup clean which cleans
up cache and other things. See if that gets you farther along.

John