Re: ext vs. UFS formatting?

Subject: Re: ext vs. UFS formatting?
From: Eric D. (liriodendron@mac.com)
Date: Tue Mar 26 2002 - 18:43:54 MST

on 26/3/02 20:22, Robert Silge at robert.silge@utsouthwestern.edu wrote:

> So if I format the new thing as UFS will YDL be able to see it and share it
> should I end up needing to go that route?

We recently went through parts of this conversation on a www.lowendmac.net
mailing list ;)

UFS (the OS X version) is apparently specific to some BSD flavours of UNIX
and is provided as legacy support for early Darwin apps only -- HFS+ is the
only practical way to go for OS X (will OS X even boot from an UFS
partition?). Though, you can always still use a HFS partition to share files
b/t YDL & OS X.

As to accessing UFS with YDL... that I can't comment on.