Re: yellowdog-general Digest 27 Mar 2002 03:19:42 -0000 Issue 730

Subject: Re: yellowdog-general Digest 27 Mar 2002 03:19:42 -0000 Issue 730
From: Richard Petty (techie@austin.rr.com)
Date: Wed Mar 27 2002 - 14:08:01 MST

I don't know anything about the lowendmac mailing list, but I sorta have
to speak up when I see rumor replace fact.

For the record, UFS is a fine file system. In fact, I recently
reformatted an 80-gig drive on my home server, going from HFS+ to UFS
owing to limitations of HFS+ (and I'm an HFS+ fan!)

My home Mac OS X system boots off an UFS partition very nicely, too.

So far, the major disadvantage to UFS is that I don't get to pay Norton
any money.

--Richard