Re: Ctrl-Alt-Del

Subject: Re: Ctrl-Alt-Del
From: John Nelson (john@computation.com)
Date: Thu Mar 28 2002 - 12:26:26 MST

I sure hope not! The "three finger salute" is "small thinking" that's a
remnant of a home / game computer mentality. Linux and Unix come from a
secure and mature operating systems model, not game machines. There may
indeed be a shortcut in Linux, but if there is... I'm disabling it. I'd
rather not expose my work to the tampering or damage that a shortcut
would provide.

-- John

Conan C. Albrecht wrote:

> I'm sure this has been asked a thousand times, but I haven't been able
> to find it on the archives. What is the PPC Linux equivalent to
> Ctrl-Alt-Delete in 386 Linux? In other words, is there a key
> combination that will restart my computer without me having to su to
> root and type reboot?
>
> If it helps, I have a TiBook with YDL 2.2
>
> Thanks in advance.

John T. Nelson President | Computation.com Inc mail: | john@computation.com company: | http://www.computation.com/ laboratories: | http://www.computation.org/ _____________________________________________________

Microsoft news: http://www.computation.com/News/

Fight the SSSCA Bill: http://www.petitiononline.com/SSSCA/petition.html

The EFF's take on the proposed SSSCA Bill: http://www.eff.org/alerts/20010921_eff_sssca_alert.html _____________________________________________________

"Those that would give up a necessary freedom for temporary safety deserve neither freedom nor safety." -- Ben Franklin