Re: Ctrl-Alt-Del

Subject: Re: Ctrl-Alt-Del
From: Iain Stevenson (iain@iainstevenson.com)
Date: Thu Mar 28 2002 - 12:46:14 MST

Well, OK so you can cause a reboot using various keys and the power key -
but, as a previous reply pointed out this is a bad thing. Particularly so
for older YDL installations that aren't using EXT3. You run the risk of
filesystem corruption.

I think the questioner was wondering whether there was somehting akin to
Windoze 2000 where ctrl-alt-del brings up a dialog that includes the option
to do a graceful shutdown (amongst other things). To my knowledge, there
is no such option in YDL.

  Iain

--On Thursday, March 28, 2002 9:27 am -0700 "Conan C. Albrecht"